Tuesday, January 6, 2015

BIO-MECHANICAL TATTOO BY AARON CAIN ON DAVE KNOX CIRCA 1991

My old friend Trent Gould hipped me to that Aarron Cain was doing a guest spot at Guy Aitchison's new shop in Chicago.  I was able to contact him through Guy's shop and set a appointment. I had Met Arron at a convention in  Pittsburgh at the Hilton in 1990 and he was working in California with Marcus Pacchio at that time. After looking at his portfolio I suggested  he do a bio-mechanical tat on my chest on one side or the other but Aarron suggested we do it large on center  I took a deep breath and said ok. This tattoo was done on the floor Japanese style with a Mickey Sharps dial machine the same machine for lining and shading. This was even before Aarron was building tattoo machines I think.  I now regret that I did not stay and watch Willie Wonka with you guys, thanks for asking, I often wondered how it went, what a special trip to pass on... I remember Showing Tony from Roy Boy's my new tat at the Badlands and that's about it.  I am pretty sure I did not drive back to Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment