Saturday, November 15, 2014

1959 TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE 650 PRE-UNIT CAFE RACER PROJECT..TIME TO ROCK+ROLL!!

Well we have been in Alaska for a year and a half and I have totally neglected my bike that is neatly packed away still from the move from Indiana July before last! It has been a while since I have seen these photo's, dang I hand picked through a lot of triumph parts to get this unique combination of  hardware. Body work is off a vintage 66 TT flat tracker that I got from the famous Jim Bailey, he can wheelie a dresser as long as he wants to and is about 300 lbs! totally a Rollie Free bigger than life dude. Engine cases are alternator type and are highly polished by Terrible Tom from Fort Wayne Indiana my good friend for many years. Flywheels are shaved and balanced and are out of my 67 TT120 motor. Head is 1967 TT with 1/3/16" intake ports. Transmission is 1958 slick shift also with polished cases. Frame is 1959 Triumph pre-unit single downtube model.Wheels are from a 1972 Triumph Bonneville and are tight and true 19" front and 18" rear. Front end is 1972 late type dual action drum brake with cone hub. Well it's time to open some boxes and get back to work!






1 comment:

  1. Hi nice project. I could not quite make out the number on the engine case. It looks like T120 028175 or was it T120 022175? What is the frame number? Could you please post some more photos? Thanks BB

    ReplyDelete