Thursday, November 27, 2014

SAILOR JERRY COLLINS LIVES ON AT DAVE KNOX'S 907 TATTOO IN FAIRBANKS ALASKA 260-223-3773

 Wow what a blast it is for me to do these traditional designs by Sailor Jerry Collins, What perfection in simplicity his designs are I really give them my best knowing the old man is up there critiquing every part of each tattoo. Well here is my sailor Jerry tattoo story.. One day at Tip Top in Fort Wayne a older gentleman came in to talk tattoos and showed Paul, Ted and I his pin ups that he got in Honolulu  on leave well... they were indeed Sailor Jerry's work done in or around 1972 we asked him who did them but he said he did not remember who did the tattoos or how much they cost. They were very readable still after forty years wear! We pulled one of Kate Hildebrand's Sailor Jerry stencil books and both pin ups were on facing pages in book! We made a copy of both stencils for him and let him know that his tattoos totally rock and were as special as it gets! Thanks to God for blessing me here in Fairbanks. Thanks to everyone who checks out my tattoo work and motorcycles on this blog around the globe, and thanks to My beautiful wife April for starting this blog to show the Triumph motorcycle I was building at the time.    Grand Opening Party of 907 Tattoo Coming up soon to be announced shortly!!  Doors are open to Interior Alaska Tattooing NOW!!!!  Call 260-223-3773 for a appointment. This last month has been interesting to say the least I want to thank my Tattoo friends at Patina Tattoo for their fun stories, stencil paper and for being interested in hiring Me. It was time for me to do my own shop thing here for sure. Thanks to the support of all the my friends in Fairbanks, Soldiers, and Air Force personnel for your continued support for my family and I here in the interior.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Dave for all the knowledge and tattoo history you have passed on. The tattoo community of Indiana owes you for all of your sacrifices and hard work. It has been a pleasure to work with you. ~Paul~

    ReplyDelete